NVMC Facebook Group


We Want Your Bike, Sell your Bike

Number Plates from £ 18.00 each

Legal Information

Hi-impact acrylic is 3mm thick and is the only legal plate thickness for the U.K.
Borders can be used but only single lined, to a maximum width of 6mm wide and must not be within 5mm of the registration numbers.
Personalization of plates must be in the centre of the bottom of the plate.
The company logo must not be longer than 178mm and cannot be anymore than 13mm high from the bottom edge of the plate.
The logo must be within 5mm of the registration number.
The Euro flag, St George's cross flag, Scottish flag, Welsh Cymru flag and Union Jack flags are the only legal flags. They must be placed in the left hand corner of the plate.
All plates must carry the logo of the end user and must include the company name and postcode.
The standard typeface (Charles Wright Font) and 3D digits are the only legal types of lettering.
All new number plates must conform to the following specifications

Number Plates
  1. Character size Height - 79mm
  2. Width - 50mm
  3. Stroke - 14mm
  4. Side margin 11mm
  5. Top and bottom margin 11mm
  6. Space between characters 11mm
  7. Space between groups 33mm

All new number plates must carry The British Standard Number - BSAU 145d. Number plates must also carry the name and identification number of the plate manufacturer.

UK legislative requirements for the supply of number plates means that you need to provide us with Proof of Entitlement to the registration number and Proof of Identity(both name and address).

Last updated with latest information available from 8th November 2013

PROOF OF ENTITLEMENT: - One of the following

Please Provide Either :
The V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate
The V5C2 New Keeper Supplement
The V750 Certificate of Entitlement
The V11 Vehicle License Renewal
The V379 Temporary Registration Certificate
The V750 Certificate of Entitlement
The V778 Retention Document
The (V948) Number Plate Authorisation Certificate with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), Driver and Vehicle Agency (DVA) or Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA)
A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate

PROOF OF IDENTITY: - One of the following

Please Provide Either :
Driving License:
Bank/Building Society Statement:from the last 6 months
Electricity, Gas, Water Bill ,Council Tax bill:from the last 6 months
National Identity Card:

Please Note - The following will confirm your name only:

Bank/Building Society Credit/Debit Card:
Police Warrant Card:
Passport:(doesnt have to be uk issued)
Armed Forces Identity Card:

Motorcycle For Sale

Motorcycles for sale    Motorcycle Training School